I was nominated to participate in the Quote Challenge.
The rules of the challenge are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote each day for three consecutive days.
- Nominate three bloggers each day to do the same.
I partially accept the challenge 😉 😀 ! If you read this and want to participate by sharing three of your favorite quotes over the next three days, great! If not, no worries. 🙂
- A big thank-you and a shout out to A Different Perspective for the nomination. Go check out the site and leave a nice comment (you might even feel compelled to follow!)
- “No matter what the background of a child, camp opens doors, exposing children to possibilities and opportunities they might never know could be theirs. Camp…takes kids away from things they value, to teach them the things of real value.” (Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner)
I worked at a Christian camp for nearly 5 years and this was my favorite quote about the impact of summer camp. While the first part is true, it is the last line that really hit me with the intensity of its power. And it’s not just true for children . . . many times it is not until we lose the things we value the most that we learn what really has value.
- Have at it! Use your blog to share your favorite quotes!