Page 342 ran overtime so I’m writing this the next morning. The day was full of the usual Friday tasks, including the early morning cleaning and building prep as well as the late night version of the cleaning and prep to get the building ready for Sunday. I started work at 6:00 AM and it was after 11:30 PM when I finally headed home, but in between those times I got a lot of work done and even managed an extended break so the day never felt burdensome. The amount of work I needed to get done wasn’t more than could be done in a typical day, it just needed done at both ends of the day. So, by early afternoon I headed out for lunch then spent a few hours at Potato Creek State Park seeing what I could find to photograph. Today’s page will primarily be some of those photos as they’ll speak a few thousand words more effectively than I can write. 🙂
As I reflect on the day, here are some thoughts/lessons that stand out to me:
- Be vigilant. Keep watch like a hawk. The Bible says our enemy “prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he my devour.”
- Watch what you post. 😉 Seriously though, people notice if what you are presenting to the world is a thing of beauty . . . or something else entirely.
- Find joy in life. I don’t even know the words to the song beyond the upbeat “Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay! My, oh my, what a wonderful day! . . . Mr Bluebird on my shouler . . . “, but it is enough to make me smile every time I see a bluebird.
- Stand up tall and be proud of who you are. You are not yet fully who you will become, but you are also not who you once were.
- Relax. “From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised!”