This is the audio and outline from session two with the leaders during a June 2022 prayer seminar held at the Spencer Christian Church in Taylorsville, Kentucky.
Text: Nehemiah 1 & 2
Before Nehemiah led the people of Israel in the rebuilding of Jerusalem’s walls, he was serving as a cup-bearer to a foreign king. As the book that bears his name opens, I find some incredible lessons about prayer as he sought to both know and do God’s will.
- Seek accurate evaluations.
- Seek God’s perspective.
- Talk to God honestly about who He is and who you are.
- Remember God’s promises.
- Request mercy and favor.
- Be honest and courageous in your reporting.
- Talk to God before you answer others.
- Give God’s answers, not your own.
- Count the costs; do your homework.
- Trust God for His answer.
Who’s in charge of your prayer life?
Who gets the credit when God works in your life and in your church?
“When all our enemies heard about this, all the surrounding nations were afraid and lost their self-confidence, because they realized that this work had been done with the help of our God.”
Nehemiah 6:16 (NIV)