This is the audio from the July 24, 2022 sermon, “A Courageous Way”, shared by Tom Lemler at the Deer Run Church of Christ.
Text: Joshua 5:13 – 6:27
Following God will call us to live with the courage needed to follow His plan. This kind of courage calls us to live with a courageous . . .
- Wisdom. Joshua 5:13-19, James 3:17-18
- While the wisdom of this world will have us trying to figure out who is for us and how is against us, courageous wisdom will always acknowledge God is in charge. This type of wisdom is only available from God and will lead to a harvest of righteousness.
- Action. Joshua 6:8-14, James 2:14-17
- When we choose to live in a courageous way, it is not good enough to simply be doing something because that type of action is usually focused on doing what pleases us the most rather than on what pleases God. Courageous action is all about doing what God says even if doing so goes against every fiber of what our nature wants to do.
- Yell. Joshua 6:15-17, James 4:7-10
- Most people want to be heard and will often keep repeating themselves with louder and louder volume if they believe no one is listening. A courageous yell isn’t so much about the volume or tone of our voice, but rather about having the courage to speak when God calls us to rather then when we want to.
Today, will your WAY be courageous?