This is the audio from the April 4, 2021 Resurrection Sunday sermon, “When Jesus Joins Your Walk”, shared by Tom Lemler at the Deer Run Church of Christ.
Text: Mark 16:12-13, Luke 24:13-35
If you’ve experienced any times of worry, asking questions, life that’s routine, or knowledge that doesn’t make sense then perhaps it is time to consider what can happen when Jesus joins your Worry, Asking, Living, and Knowledge.
Because of the resurrection, you can have hope as Jesus joins your:
- Worry. Luke 24:13-17, John 14:1
- As the two followers of Jesus return home from Jerusalem following the death and burial of Jesus, they are filled with great concern and worry. It is in the midst of this worry that Jesus shows up to join them in their walk. When we trust God with our worry, He is always willing to walk with us through it as He longs to bring us to the other side.
- Asking. Luke 24:18-24, John 16:17-19
- For these followers of Jesus, nothing had turned out like it should have . . . at least not from their perspective. They got caught up in the “what-if” game of being filled with questions that had no answers. It is in their asking that Jesus shows up to join them with a few questions of His own designed to get them to think. When we allow Jesus to join our walk, He not only knows the questions we are asking, He also knows the ones we don’t know how to ask.
- Living. Luke 24:28-30, Colossians 3:17
- Even with worry and questions, there was a life to be lived and these followers of Jesus went about that normal routine upon arriving home. Yet they did not do life alone . . . they invited this stranger who had walked with them to join them for the night. It was in doing life together that the realized who Jesus was. When we include Jesus in every part of our life, we find that He has joined our walk in a way that makes Him real to us.
- Knowledge. Luke 24:31-35, 1 Corinthians 13:12
- It was when their eyes were opened to who Jesus was that these followers could see how Jesus had joined them in their longing for knowledge. The things that they knew, things that had spend their walk talking about with Jesus, were all made clear when they became aware of the presence of Jesus.
And now for the part we skipped, Luke 24:25-27. When Jesus joins your Worry, your Asking, your Living, and your Knowledge, He always brings truth. As you consider all of the elements of your daily life, will you invite Jesus to join your WALK and fill it with His truth?