Some thoughts, lessons, and/or reflections from the day:
- It felt like a very short night as I was up for a time during the night as another seizure took hold of my daughter.
- Even with the interrupted night, I found myself awake shortly before the alarm clock was due to go off. While continued sleep would have felt nice, work doesn’t get done by itself so I headed that way and went about the morning cleaning and building prep as I prayed for my daughter.
- The day felt long as my eyes were heavy from a lack of sleep, but as I took care of the building I also worked on the sermon for Sunday and worked ahead on the prayer guide for the following week.
- The prayer guide that will go out on Easter Sunday is about new life but the one I worked on today for the following week is about being renewed.
- I suppose the topic was helped along by my weariness today, but it seemed like a good follow-up as God not only wants to give us new life, He also wants to renew us in the times when we become weary.
- It was an interesting combination to be working on a sermon about being fully alive and a prayer guide about being renewed, but I think God’s ability to renew us each day is a part of what makes being fully alive even possible.
- At various times today I’ve found myself thinking about the difference between being needed and being wanted. I’m afraid there are many times when people put a lot of effort into trying to be needed because they don’t believe they will ever be wanted.
- I am thankful for a God who is not in need of anything, including you and I, but wants us with such a passion that He not only made a way through Jesus to give us new life, He promises to renew us as we daily put our hope in Him.
- Today’s photo is from yesterday as I didn’t take any new ones today. It made me think of God’s promise that “they who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength and mount up on wings as eagles.”