I think I may stick primarily with the thoughts and lessons from each day this year. Or maybe this format is just for today because I’m still tired. 🙂
Some reflections and/or lessons from the day:
- I can still keep going for 20 hours straight when needed, but rest has never been more welcomed than after a long day.
- When I’m doing what God has called and created me to do, the days don’t seem nearly as long as the hours make them sound.
- A new year is probably more symbolic than anything else, but sometimes we need the symbolism to motivate us to make the fresh start that is needed.
- Spending the first half hour of the new year praying with others is a pretty good way to start the year.
- A high temperature for the day that doesn’t reach double-digits is not very effective in enticing me to leave the house.
- Spending a cold winter day going through photos from last summer is a good way to kindle a flame under the vacation planning region of my mind. 🙂
- Sometimes we hold onto things that are not very useful because it seems easier than replacing them with something new which often requires us to learn a new way of doing things.
- Today’s photo from last summer is a reminder that vacations are both relaxing and necessary.