The following are discussion questions from a weekly study I am leading through the book of 1 Kings. We meet each Wednesday evening at the Deer Run Church of Christ.
Starting Strong Isn’t The Same As Finishing Strong
A Study of the Book of 1 Kings
Lesson 21 (Sour Grapes)
1 Kings 21
November 20, 2013
- What did Ahab want from Naboth? Why? What did he offer? How did Naboth respond?
- How did Naboth’s response make Ahab feel? What did he do when he went home? What does he tell Jezebel? What is her response to him?
- What message does Jezebel send to the leaders in Jezreel? What did they do? What happened to Naboth?
- How does Jezebel respond when she hears what has happened to Naboth? What does she tell Ahab? What does he do?
- Where does God send Elijah? How does Ahab greet Elijah? What message does God give Ahab concerning he, his wife, and his family? Why? How does Ahab respond? How does God respond?
- Are there things that others have that you wish you had and they didn’t? What would God call that? How much value do you put on what God has given you and your family?
- How do you feel when you don’t get what you want? Why? Do you think you deserve everything you want because of who you are?
- How much effort do you put into getting what you think you deserve? How hard is it to do right when you are told to do something that isn’t’ right?
- Do you tend to live life with a “win at any cost” attitude? If you knew something that you wanted was obtained in an illegal/immoral way, would you accept it?
- How do you respond when God wants you to speak truth in the midst of wickedness? When God uses someone to correct you, do you tend to think poorly of the messenger? What wickedness does God want you to recognize in your life? What response will you have when you recognize it? What does God look for in order for Him to respond with patience and mercy?
Next Week: Conflicting Messages
1 Kings 22