The following are discussion questions from a weekly study I am leading through the book of 2 Samuel. We meet each Wednesday evening at the Deer Run Church of Christ.
A Man After God’s Own Heart:
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
A Study of the Book of 2 Samuel
Lesson 24 (What’s The Cost?)
2 Samuel 24
March 13, 2013
- How does God feel about Israel as chapter 24 opens? What does He do about it? How did David respond? What did Joab think about the plan? Why? Who won the discussion?
- How long did the census take? What did the census reveal? What was David’s reaction when the census report was given to him?
- Who was Gad? Who gave him a message for David? What were the options given in that message? What is David’s response?
- What did God do in Israel because of David’s choice? What was God’s reaction to the result? How does David react to what he sees happening?
- What did Gad tell David to do? Who really sent the message? What does David tell Araunah is the reason for his visit? What is offered to David to help him accomplish his request? What is David’s response? How does God respond to David’s actions?
- What makes God angry? Does God’s anger give you the right to act against the subjects of His anger? Why do we seem to want to measure everything? How hard is it to submit to a plan that you firmly believe is wrong?
- How thorough are you in completing assignments given to you? Are you ever tempted to take shortcuts? Why? What advantages/disadvantages are there to measuring your resources? How do you relate to God when you realize you have done something wrong or, at the very least, foolish?
- How does God get your attention when He needs to deal with sin in your life? How do you respond to consequences that come out of your bad decisions? What is your primary concern when faced with consequences?
- Have you ever felt what seemed like the judgment of God against you? How do you think God felt about it? How do you feel when others suffer because of your actions?
- What does God want from you? Do we ever attempt to “short-circuit” someone’s attempt to give God what He wants? How committed are we to being responsible for what God wants from us? How does God respond to your trust of Him?
Next Week: Who’s In Charge?
1 Kings 1