This is the audio from the May 2, 2021 sermon, “The Secrets of a Good CROP”, shared by Tom Lemler at the North Wayne Mennonite Church.
Text: Mark 4:1-20
When God’s Word is sown into your life, to grow a good crop it is important that you pay attention to the:
- Cultivation. Mark 4:3-4, 15
- When the seed of God’s Word falls on the hard path in our life, we must make the effort to cultivate the soil of our hearts so that the truth isn’t stolen away by the enemy.
- Roots. Mark 4:5-6, 16-17
- When the seeds of God’s Word begin to wither in our life, we must make the effort to develop deeper and stronger roots which will nourish us with God’s truth.
- Overcoming of Opposition. Mark 4:7, 18-19
- When the seeds of God’s Word begins to be strangled out in our life by the things of this world, we must turn to God and put on our spiritual armor so that we my overcome the opposition with truth.
- Production. Mark 4:8-9, 20
- When the seeds of God’s Word begins to bear fruit in our life, we must be careful to allow God to do the harvesting and the measuring. The production of good fruit isn’t a contest between people, rather it is a result of allowing God’s Word and Spirit to work through us.
What are you growing with your life?